CONCEALED CARRY WEAPON PERMIT COURSE
Successful completion of this two-day course allows students to apply for an Alaskan Concealed Handgun Permit.
TO SIGN UP FOR THE
- ID PHOTOS -
AK CCW APPLICATION
- SIMULATOR TRAINING
- RANGE FEES
The classroom portion introduces the Alaska Use of Force Laws and the justifiable use of force for self-defense purposes. We will cover the statutes, their interpretation, and their application in case studies. We will also reinforce gun safety rules, proper handling techniques, and defensive pistol concepts. We will provide familiarization training on drawing from a strong side hip holster. The range portion will give students an opportunity to apply skills learned and it will include a formal shooting qualification test. There will be a written test at the end of class to evaluate the student’s overall understanding of the course.
Class size is limited.
Minimum 21 years of age (Cannot be a Convicted Felon)
To edit, click on the text to start adding your own words.
What you need to know
What you need to bring:
- Firearm (Semi-automatic Pistol 9mm or larger)
- 2 magazines (7+ round capacity)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Quality Polymer, Kydex, or other rigid material holster. Only strong side hip holsters allowed. Your holster MUST be gun specific and you MUST be able to re-holster one handed. The instructor has the final say on if the holster can be used in the course. Appendix carry is not allowed.
- Magazine pouch (Positioned on support hand side of gun belt)
- 150 rounds of factory ammunition
- Eye and hearing protection (electronic earmuffs preferred)
- Snacks and something to drink during breaks
What to wear:
- High neck shirt, baseball-style cap; dress appropriately for weather conditions
We will conduct a firearm and equipment check at the beginning of the course. Keep your firearm cased and unloaded and follow instructor directions to ensure everyone’s safety.
Saturday is classroom 10 am to 4 pm
Sunday is the simulator and range day Noon to 6pm